The mission of ISRA MASJID is to:
- Serve the interests of the Muslim community of the greater Tampa Bay area, especially the Riverview, Apollo Beach and Gibsonton areas.
- Disseminate Islamic knowledge, information and traditions in accordance with the teachings of the Holy Quran and Sunnah.
- Carry out religions, educational, social, charitable, cultural, and athletic activities.
- Make Islamic teachings known to non-Muslims.
- Fajr (before sunrise) and Isha (after complete sunset) prayers are offered daily in congregation. The exact timings are posted in the mosque and changes in timings are announced after Friday (Juma) prayers.
- Juma Khutba (Weekly Friday Prayers) starts at 1:30 PM.
- Taraweeh prayers are offered in Ramadan, immediately after the Isha prayers.
The Islamic Society of Riverview and Apollo Beach (ISRA Masjid Inc) serves the greater Riverview, Gibsonton, and Apollo Beach area. We are conveniently located just 2 minutes from I-75, Exit 250 (behind the Gibsonton Walmart).
The mosque is managed by three Board Members. Presently, the following three brothers are serving:
- President: Imam Alkhalil Elaboudi
- Treasurer: Dr. Anique Qureshi
- Secretary: Br. Zahid Latif